Buffalo Creek Gun Club|
International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Match
Pre-registration is required for all matches via Member-Planet.
This can be accomplished through the Member-Planet website or the BCGC website,
under the Schedule of Events or IDPA links.
Match Directors have the discretion to allow a non-registered shooter to participate.
IDPA matches are run with a COLD RANGE. COLD RANGE is defined as a range where all firearms
must be unloaded unless under the direct supervision of a Safety Officer (SO).
Days, Times, Location and Cost
• IDPA matches are held on the Jim Starr Long Range 2nd Thursday of every month, and 3rd
Saturday of the even months (February, April, June, August, October and December).
o Please always check the schedule on the BCGC website for updates or changes prior to coming to the range.
8:00 am Stage Setup and Check-in
8:15 am New Shooters Meeting
9:00 am Shooter Safety Briefing
• The Jim Starr Long Range will be closed from 7:00 am until match completion.
• Shooters who have not previously participated in a BCGC IDPA match are required to attend the New
Shooters Meeting in order to participate in the match.
• Shots down range will occur after the Shooter’s Safety Briefing.
• Cost is $10 for BCGC Members.
• Cost is $20 for public shooters.
Participants and Equipment
• The IDPA matches are open to both BCGC members and to public shooters.
• New shooters to IDPA shooting are always welcome and will be taught the basics in the new
• Matches typically have 4 stages: Ammunition required for the match is a minimum of 72-90 rounds
(you will want to bring extra, normally 120 rds).
• You can shoot any gun (except Single Action Revolvers) & caliber from 9mm to 45, as long as it will not
damage the steel plates, as determined by the MD.
• A legal IDPA holster (see IDPA Rule Book) is required.
• A minimum of three magazines is recommended but not mandatory.
• Eye Protection and Hearing Protection is mandatory.
• Other items to bring are sunscreen, water, snacks/lunch, rain gear, folding chair.
QUESTIONS: Contact the Match Director (MD), Owen Maddox, email@example.com or 720-250-6075
International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA)
to view the Official Rule Book.
Click HERE to view match scores.
Click HERE to register & pay through Member Planet for the IDPA match |